Tuesday, September 25, 2018

The True No Fail Diet Plan

Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. John 6:35 NIV

The first thing I thought of when I read this verse was my current diet plan: basically, no refined flour or junk food. It's been working so I can't complain too loudly. But, I do miss bread some days. More than that I miss fried chicken! I'm a southern girl....I love my fried chicken. Even though I'm cutting calories i rarely go hungry. I've adapted to smaller meals and healthy snacks. And that's good because as soon as I fall off the wagon I'm sure the weight will come right back.

But I do miss some of the things I used to eat. I hunger for them, crave them. So why is it so difficult to believe that we could crave Jesus? He is our bread of life. If we go too long without him our bodies and spirits should crave his presence the same way we crave sweets. And when we satiate ourselves with his word and through prayer, it is then we have the strength to continue our work. When I don't eat enough to match my activity level, my energy drops. If I don't pray and spend time with God, my spiritual energy will drop and satan can get a foothold. Don't let him. He's not worth it. Just like that Texas toast...it's not worth it. Walk away.

Feast on God's presence and his word every day. It's the for sure no fail diet plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment